St Ferdinand Church • 5900 W Barry Ave, Chicago, IL 60634 • tel: 773 622 5900 • fax: 773 622 5903
Please join us in prayer by watching our daily Mass and devotions:
Weekdays 8:00 AM
Sundays only 8:30 AM
We invite you to join us daily in church too. All limits are lifted.
Please consider giving online at:
www.stferdinandchurch.com and clicking donate button, here you can make a weekly offertory contribution to our St. Ferdinand Parish family and keep the vital ministries and services we provide going.
If you prefer to make an offertory donation through cash or check, you can mail your donations to our parish office at St. Ferdinand Church 5900 W. Barry Ave, Chicago, IL 60634
May God grant you His peace during this difficult time and may He manifest His love and presence to you in abundant ways. God bless you.
Fr. Peter Gnoinski
Who is a Parishioner?
There are many people who come to the rectory asking for a baptism or marriage or to sign a letter saying he or she is a parishioner. When this happens, our parish secretary checks if they are considered registered, and many times, they are not considered registered.
So what makes a person a parishioner?
You are not a parishioner because your parents go here. You are not a parishioner because you went to school here. You are not a parishioner just because you come to Mass here!
Being a parishioner should be an easy process. You simply have to come to the rectory and fill out a registration form. You may download the registration form then bring it to the rectory. You know you are a parishioner when envelopes are sent to you. It’s that easy! No fee; no ID cards are required!
Being a parishioner means that you are committed and invested in this parish. It means that you commit to keeping the parish vibrant, which means investment of your time, talents, and treasures to the parish. The parish would not be the same without our parishioners who make a difference and form the parish.
Our bulletin is our parish/school source of communication. Please remember to take a bulletin home; you can find it by the side exit doors. Please pay special attention to the following announcements:
1. The Queen of Hearts jackpot continues to grow! It is now at over $6,100! Although chances will be available after this weekend’s 8:30 Mass, they will also be available for purchase the this weekend. Thank you for your support, and good luck to all for our next drawing! –
2. Everyone is invited to the Simbang Gabi Celebration, a beautiful Filipino Tradition of celebrating the novena of Masses in preparation for Christmas.
3. This weekend we are having our Advent Retreat in English at all English Mass with Mission Preacher Fr. Lukasz Pyka. This year’s topic is “Looking on our lives through God’s Lens” and on Monday at 8:00AM & 12PM Noon Masses. Also on Tomorrow, Monday we will have Reconciliation Service and Confessions from 5PM to 7PM. Please come and prepare our hearts for the coming of the Lord.
4. Tomorrow, Dec. 19th St. Ferdinand School will have their Children’s Christmas Program at 7PM in the Chapel. Please come and support our St. Ferdinand’s School.
5. On Christmas Eve there will be 5:00 p.m. Mass in English and then the midnight Mass at 12:00 a.m. On Christmas Day Masses will be celebrated at 8:30 a.m., and at 11:30 A.M. There will be no 5:00 p.m. Mass on a Christmas Day. The Parish Office will be closed from Dec. 24th – Dec. 26th. Office will reopen on Dec. 27th
6. There will be two collections on Christmas Day. First will be Regular Sunday Collection and second will be your special Christmas Gift to St. Ferdinand Parish as a thank you for all the blessings that you receive during the year from our Lord.
7. We would like to thank the sponsor of our calendar: Belmont Funeral. Thanks to them, we are able to distribute free 2023 calendars to our parishioners. Please pick up the calendars from the ushers at the back of the Church
8. Next Weekend addition Parking for the Christmas Masses we received permission from the US Bank & St. Patrick H.S. To use their parking lot. We kindly thank them for their generosity.
9. We ask that everyone would kindly refrain from walking in the Sanctuary (Altar Area), for your safety and for respect of our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. If you need to go the sacristy please go using the left side door. THANK YOU!